The Accounting Manager will perform various accounting responsibilities according to standard operating procedures. These responsibilities may include maintaining the payroll process, required financial reporting and financial statement packages, processing invoices, revenue and expense reconciliations, cash management reporting, maintaining company timecards and completing related documentation and reporting functions.
The essential job functions will include:
- Performing corporate accounting functions including bank reconciliations, cash reporting, check register/input, etc.
- Allocating payroll costs to specific studies and projects (Cost Accounting).
- Calculating and paying required fees and invoices (Accounts Payable).
- Generating invoices and collecting fees (Accounts Receivable).
- Maintaining integrity of database accounting systems by regularly updating files, reports and spreadsheets. Will include employee payroll data, revenue reports, billing reports, collection reports, patient stipends or similar information.
- Preparing financial statements, spreadsheets, reports and data lists for management.
- Performing assigned account reconciliation functions per established SOPs.
- Assuming responsibility for effectively researching, tracking and resolving (or properly referring) accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies.
- Assuming responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Company personnel and with management.
- Maintains regular contact with other departments to obtain and convey information and/or to correct transactions.
- Keeping management informed of accounting activities/balances and of any significant problems.
- Attending and participating in meetings as required.
- Managing staff; participating in guidance, training, education and evaluation of personnel, as needed;
- Performing other accounting responsibilities which may include processing and distributing annual 1099 forms, maintaining postage account, preparing bank deposits, electronic fund transfers, the preparation of physician payments and/or maintaining credit card accounts.
- Entering various data into appropriate database system to complete or update spreadsheet information which may include cash receipts, invoices and/or employee timecards.
- Assuming responsibility for performing assigned accounting and related support functions:
- Maintaining files, including filing of general ledger journal vouchers, accounts payable documentation and other miscellaneous filings.
- Typing a variety of documents, reports and records.
- Keying daily worksheets to the general ledger system.
- Printing daily accounts payable checks and inserting checks and invoices into envelopes for mailing.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business or similar major is required;
- A minimum of 5 years of general accounting experience is required;
- Thorough knowledge of the accounting system, including the general ledger account structure, financial statement preparation, accounts payable/receivable and/or payroll accounting functions;
- Prior management experience preferred;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Proficiency with typing and operation of a calculator keypad;
- Must have excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skill;
- Must have strong organization skills and a strong attention to detail.
You’ll enjoy competitive compensation and an exceptional benefits package that includes: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Life and AD&D Insurance, disability, 401K Plan with matching contributions, a competitive program of time off and more!
(confidential client) is a leader in outsourced trial management services to the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries. we’ve completed over 2,200 clinical trials in its 20 years. We’re comprised of community based Investigators plus an experienced staff of Clinical Research Coordinators. (confidential client) currently operates from its 63 site network across sixteen states. The key to our success has been the development of research departments within established medical practices. Our research staff is positioned in the clinic, which affords (confidential client) rapid recruitment of reliable, qualified subjects into clinical trials. Our expertise continues throughout the trial, providing full execution of the protocol with complete and accurate data. (confidential client) enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on patient care.